Thursday, February 24, 2011

DIY yard art

 I am working on turning my outdoor patio into a gypsy/bohemian paradise. It is a work in progress, and I get what I find, when I find it. So the end date is unknown. I know to accomplish the look I am hoping to acheive, it is going to take layers. Art, plants, tapestries, fabric, candles etc.
 This morning I was at my favorite thrift store, (it happened to be 1/2 off day), and I snagged these 2 painted canvas'. They definitely went together, and I loved the colors of the paintings, but there were some blemishes and scratches. I grabbed them (at $1 a piece how could I not?), and I brought them home. then I painted a few feathers over the blemishes, and now I have 2 painting to hang under my patio. I think they turned out cute!





                                                        

1 comment:

Sadie Rose said...

i can't wait to see your whole yard!

Post a Comment