Monday, May 2, 2011

A Thousand Thank Yous

 This weekend I hit a big etsy milestone: my 1000th sale! I was so excited when it happened and it naturally lead me to think about my almost 3 years of selling on etsy. I love what I do. I am so grateful to have a place I can share my creations and re-sale my love of vintage.
 I took a little trip down memory lane and looked at some of my first sales. Not only have I come a long way in what I design, but my pictures and staging has improved ten folds! It has been a learning experience. I did not set out to do this, it was never my plan. It happened fast and kind of on its own. I have always thrifted, (it's what you do when you're poor),  and I have always made my own clothes, (usually re-fashioning, at least in the beginning).  It has evolved over the years.
 Like many of us etsy sellers, if you have an eye for the goods, a passion for the hunt and some time to run an online shop, etsy is a dream come true. I am so overwhelmed with love and gratitude. So, a thousand "thank yous" to my clients, family, friends and supporters. I could not have done it without you.


                   Here are a few pics of my first sales. A lot has changed since then.

                                   Here are some pics of my favorite things I have sold on etsy



                                                        Here's to a thousand more! xoxoxo

3 comments:

flaming hag folkwear said...

congrats on your 1000th sale (wow!).

though i have been following your blog for a bit, i finally added it to my blog list. now i can keep up better and share you with other blogging friends :)

take care.

Sadie Rose said...

hellll yeah these boots will walk one thousand miles. or something like that. i went into the horse thrift place today and they thought i was you! i'm like hellloooo Amber's 6 feet tall!! haha. xoxo

Violet Folklore said...

That is soooo awesome Amber! Congrats! I have been tempted to take a trip down my own Etsy memory lane a time or two, maybe I will do it now.

Those boots are so hot! As are you my dear, I'm quite sure that your beauty and killer poses have done nothing but help sell your exquisite creations and carefully chosen vintage. Thanks for the inspiration girl, and Happy Mother's Day!

Post a Comment